• As the college school year gets under way, freshmen believers would get connected early to a church and/or ministry and that their Christian faith would not be shaken as they are exposed to a variety of philosophies that would contradict their beliefs.
• That campus ministries at LBCC, OSU, UO and Western Oregon would be successful in reaching students.
• That Christian students would be available to be used in the lives of non-believers and yet would not compromise their witness even as they are surrounded by ungodly lifestyles.
• As Lebanon area pastors and leaders of ministries come together to pray each Thursday morning, that God would work mightily and that people would be encouraged by the mutual support.
• Relationships that are built during that prayer time would result in networking, sharing of resources and cooperative efforts among churches and ministries that would be a powerful witness of love and unity to our community.
• The servant leaders who oversee prayer times, lunches, community worship services, etc. would faithfully fulfill their responsibility and would have wisdom and discernment.
• As believers we would be ready to seize the moment when an opportunity comes to share the gospel or give our testimony.
• We would keep eternal priorities in mind and this would shape both our thoughts toward non-believers and our interactions with them.
• Local churches would find creative Spirit-led ways to reach out to the community and that God would powerfully use the different outreach events that churches will be doing this summer such as Vacation Bible Schools.
• Our churches would welcome those recovering from addiction and be a place in which the love of Christ and the love of believers would bring sobriety, healing and restoration.
• That God would use the Adult and Teen Challenge Willamette Men’s Center located in Shedd as an instrument of radical transformation. Pray that God would bear fruit through the staff and volunteers and that students would persevere through the one year program.
• Local Celebrate Recovery groups would be an effective source of support and strength for those dealing with addiction.
Requests regarding sexual assault
• Victims of assault and sexual abuse would receive healing and be loved and supported in our churches not blaming themselves for what took place.
• Churches would be wise and effective in developing policies to prevent abuse.
• That incidents of sexual assault would be exposed and that fewer and fewer incidents would happen.
February Prayer Requests regarding Be United
• Church people would show up to the Be Undivided rally February 24 at Valley Life Church at 2 p.m. and be inspired to volunteer in our schools.
• Volunteers would well represent Jesus through their faithfulness and love and would have an impact on the lives of students.•
• The school district Welcome Center that helps students and families would be thoroughly supplied with volunteers and with money.
January Prayer Requests regarding unity
• Lebanon area believers would live out the unity that we have in Christ based on our shared belief in Jesus and from our shared experience of His indwelling presence in our lives (John 17:20-26).
• The love and unity that are on display in His people would be a powerful witness to our divided world (John 17:20-26).
• We would be protected from the evil one in his attempts to sow division between gospel-believing churches and within our churches (John 17:15).
December Prayer Requests
• Obria (formerly Pregnancy Alternatives Center) staff would be encouraged, the center would be well-funded, have adequate volunteers and be effective in preventing abortions and in demonstrating the love of Christ.
• Women and couples considering abortion would have a change of heart and that those who have had an abortion would find help and healing through Jesus Christ and his church.
• The values of our culture would shift more and more toward pro-life.
November Prayer Requests
• We, as believers, would be good stewards of our bodies and honor God through healthy lifestyles that include good nutrition and physical activity.
• Live Longer Lebanon would have a positive impact on the health of our community including our children.
• People would be empowered to overcome drug and alcohol abuse, nicotine use, gluttony and sedentary lifestyles.
October Prayer Requests
• Those considering taking their own life would find the help they need and would find hope in Jesus Christ.
• We would discern when people are deeply troubled and effectively minister to them.
• Loved ones of those who have taken their own lives would find comfort and healing.
September Prayer Requests
• Lebanon public school teachers and staff would be creative and caring and that the love of Christ would shine through believing teachers.
• There would be a positive and healthy atmosphere among all students and that believing students will be godly examples who would also share their faith.
• Home schooling parents and East Linn Christian Academy staff would be inspired and energized and that their students would experience Jesus, the gospel and truth in a fresh and powerful way.
August Prayer Requests
• Pray for churches in the Lebanon area based on the Great Commandment(s) (Matt. 22:37-38) and the Great Commission (Matt. 28:19-20). Pray for…
• An increasing love for God shown through fervent worship, a hunger for God’s Word and obedience to it.
• An abounding and discerning love for one another among God’s people.
• That the church would experience the truth of Jesus words, “surely I will be with you always” as disciples are made.
July Prayer Requests
• That Christian employers and employees in the Lebanon area would have their attitudes and actions fully shaped by their relationship with Jesus.
• That believers, having a strong work ethic and loving attitudes, would shine in the workplace opening up opportunities to pray for, serve and/or share the gospel with fellow employees.
• That believers would find ways to support and encourage one another in the workplace
June Prayer Requests
• Foster parents would have energy and wisdom. Pray also that both they and their children would have a saving knowledge of God.
• The Oregon Department of Human Services (DHS) would be able to stabilize their staffing and raise their morale in order to increase their effectiveness.
• Every Child of Linn/Benton County, a volunteer organization which mobilizes volunteers for the foster system, would be effective in increasing the awareness of needs in the foster care system, would be discerning to know where to concentrate their energy and would see an increase in volunteers.
Previous Prayer Requests:
• Local churches and pastors would minister effectively to grieving families, widows, widowers, children who have lost parents and parents who have lost children.
• Huston Jost Funeral Home would serve grieving families with compassion and wisdom and that people would be awakened to spiritual truths as funerals and memorial services are performed.
• Those grieving a loss would find comfort in the God of all comfort.
• COMP NW medical school students would take time out of their busy schedules to pursue relationships with people and a relationship with God and that they would not be overwhelmed by their studies.
• Medical school staff would make wise decisions about the 100-plus students they admit each year and that they would be skillful and loving in their dealings with students.
• That the joy and love of Christ would be evident in the Christian employees and students at the school and that God would bear much fruit through their lives.
• Mayor Paul Aziz, City Manager Gary Marks and city staff would be wise, humble, faithful and encouraged as they carry out their work.
• Our city council would have good discernment and work together in a spirit of cooperation as they make decisions regarding Lebanon.
• There would be Christian involvement and gospel penetration in each of the seven areas of the Lebanon 2040 vision statement: arts and culture; downtown; education; healthy community; jobs and growth; safety and small-town values.
• Leaders’ prayer times including Transform Lebanon weekly prayer (Thursdays at 8 am) and the Church of the Valley annual prayer summit at Cannon Beach (Feb. 12-14).
• Moms in Prayer who pray for local schools.
• A renewal of private and corporate prayer in our churches.